1.12.2009

c'est la vie

Oh hello! I've just finished the first week of school of my eighth semester at Southern Utah University. Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday, and Wednesday I'll be throwing a "Blast From the Past" party at my residence. So this week is shaping up to be a nice one. Today I'm just pondering on the last day of my being 21 years old.
I've really enjoyed this age. I've heard about middle-aged and older people feeling like they are continually one age and being surprised every time they look in a mirror. I think this is how I will be with 21. It has been such a nice, pleasant age to be. I've been a legal adult for 3 years, but 21 is the mark of a legitimate adult. I've realized so much about myself this year and how I want to change and how I want to stay the same. I've begun to understand the importance and great blessing my family is and how much I love them. This year has been a stupendously blessed one. :) I'm grateful to Heavenly Father for His graciousness and guidance.

3 comments:

The Comin Family said...

Hey! Happy Birthday tomorrow! Hope your party is a hoot!

Mary said...

Kate, you're the coolest 21 year old ever! Now I can step in and take your place since your growing up...

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

Happy Birthday my dear! It was so nice to talk with you on your birthday and I hope that your bach is fabulous this evening! I am excited to see you this weekend. Oh and I totally get the feeling that you are one particular age all the time. I am 26 but still feel like I'm 22. the years just keep getting better because I have the most amazing husband and little boy, but I will always be 22:)